THE FRIDAY FIVE: NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE EDITION
Heyyy there! Happy Friday! Gosh … it’s been awhile since I’ve done a Friday Five, huh? I know so many of y’all love these so I do apologize. I’ve mentioned before that they take a little bit of time to put together, and since I’ve been doing a lot of lengthy travel posts over the last couple of months that I’ve wanted to have as a resource on the blog, I just didn’t feel like I had the bandwidth to get them to y’all consistently. I’m hoping that I can treat y’all to them a little more often throughout the next few months, starting with this one that will a part of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale coverage.
My blog post content for the next week won’t be ALL Nordstrom Sale focused posts but, since it just started and I know there are a lot of you looking to make the best purchase decisions, I thought this would be a good way to help y’all out and consolidate the number of posts I DO actually do.
So here we go …
• LEATHER HOBO BAG: During my first look through the handbag options available in Early Access, I was like ‘wait, where are the rest?’. There weren’t many that caught my eye. Sure, the Tory Burch cross body is cute but they had that same bag last year. We’re looking for something new, Nordstrom! Wow us! 😉 It wasn’t until I got to my local store that I saw and was impressed by this hobo bag by Frye. I’ll share more on Instagram Stories later today to give y’all a better peak into it. I like that it has two wear options, so it’s essentially two handbags in one. You can wear it as a satchel with the short handle or the cross body strap as a cross body. The actually purse part is a really good medium size with lots of room for your typical purse contents. Frye also values quality and it’s actually made out of real leather. So, all in all, I was really excited to see it was included in the sale.
SALE PRICE: $284.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $428
• GREAT BASIC CARDIGAN: This is likely my favorite cardigan available this year! I love the lighter colors they are offering this year. Every Fall I feel like we are prisoner to only buying things in either black, gray, beige, tan, dark purple, burgundy and green and no other light colors so it’s nice to see so much dusty pink this year in the color options! Anyway, I reviewed this one during my dressing room try-on haul so be sure to check that out! 🙂
SALE PRICE: $49.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $75
• WOOL WRAP COAT: Okay … every Winter I come across this coat and my size is NEVER in stock. I ALWAYS forget to look for it early enough!! So, yesterday, I was digging through outerwear and thought to look and just see if it happened to be included … and SURE ENOUGH!!! It is!! I’m SO excited to get it in the mail today! I cannot even wait to try it on and see if I’ve found a winner to wear this Winter. Outerwear is extremely difficult for me and I typically buy my coats from J.Crew because they’re the only retailer that gives enough size variety while also upholding their quality standard. So, stay tuned for that review! I think it’s such a gorgeous coat and would be flattering on any woman and the savings are STELLAR. Look at the difference!
SALE PRICE: $384.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $575
• FLEECE VEST: These vests are always one of my favorite things to wear in the Fall and Winter months. I ordered the blue and white color options here. I’m excited to get them in today and just verify they fit the same as they used to, which is historically true to size. I will update you on that in Instagram Stories later, as well. They’re always SO soft and such a cute addition to a basic stripe turtleneck or plaid button-up top when it’s crisp and cool outside. Although I wouldn’t say the savings are exponential, I would recommend taking advantage because I know $100 is a hefty price for a vest when you’re really in need later in the year, you know?
SALE PRICE: $73.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $99
• CURLING IRON: So, I purchased this gem online and I cannot wait to use it and compare it to the others that I have used in the past. I’m thinking about sharing my thoughts on it through a Facebook live and will show you how I curl my hair with a curling iron. What do you think?
SALE PRICE: $167 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $250
• BLANKET SCARF: As cliché as I feel suggesting you buy a blanket scarf after 4 years of blogging about how great blanket scarves are, here I am again … this is a great one. Quick … let’s move on!
SALE PRICE: $24.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $38
SALE PRICE: $36.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $56
• CREWNECK SWEATSHIRT: This is my first Adidas sweatshirt and I’m actually wearing it right now. It fits true to size and isn’t that super soft, thick sweatshirt material. It’s a little thinner but I don’t see it as a negative. I find it to be very comfortable.
SALE PRICE: $39,90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $55
• MOTO LEGGINGS: Okay, I tried these on yesterday in the dressing room and showed y’all how cute they are on! I love the length. I’m 5’3 and most jeans, leggings and pants are so long on me. I either have to cuff them or have them tapered a little bit. These literally stop just above my ankles. Short girls rejoice!!! I also just feel really sleek and sassy in them with the moto detail and the legging material doesn’t feel cheap and thing! Can’t recommend enough!
SALE PRICE: $25.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $39
• SEAMLESS BANDEAU: I haven’t purchased one of these personally so I can’t speak to how they fit but I just found it and am thinking of trying them. I wanted to wear THIS top last week that was beautiful and white but a little thin and you could see my strapless bra lines so obviously, so I’m in need of something to wear under it. I think this may work.
SALE PRICE: $11.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $19
• SKINNY JEANS: Okay, I haven’t tried these on but if high-waisted denim is your jam, I think you would like these. Paige Denim always has the softest jeans and I’m always impressed by their fit. I ordered these in a 23 and a 24 just to see the size different. I tried on 24’s [my normal size; only sharing for reference because I get questions after when I don’t share] in two pairs of Paige Denim included in the sale [these and these] and they fit great. I’m personally just curious what it’d be like if I went one size down. Stay tuned but I really like these.
SALE PRICE: $99.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $189
• PULLOVER SWEATER: This sweater caught my attention when I was looking through more of the sale items today. It’s super cute! I know that sounds very generic but hey … just being honest 🙂 I am getting the Rose color in an XS and Small just to see if I like it a little more oversized or if the XS is already oversized enough without being too much. Stay tuned! I’ll get it on Monday!
SALE PRICE: $64.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $98
• RELAXED FIT JEANS: As mentioned in yesterday’s Instagram Stories, I am obsessed with these jeans. They run true to size and are such a comfortable throw on for errands or getting stuff done around the house! I personally also think they look great with a basic white tee and heels for an easy night out with girlfriends look.
SALE PRICE: $64.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $99
• SWING BACK COAT: I get this in the mail today and I cannot wait! It comes in multiple size options, regular and petite. I went with Petite XS. I’ll review it later for you guys on IG stories!
SALE PRICE: $99.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $149
• SLIDE LOAFERS: I reviewed the plain version of these in yesterday’s Instagram Stories, as well. I love the slide loafer trend that is going to be big for Fall. Last year, while I was in London, it was definitely big over there already so I knew it was coming for us soon 🙂 I got the black version and leopard version. The savings are really good, as well, on these!
SALE PRICE: $59.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $89.95
• GREAT BASIC TEE: I can’t help but laugh … this one is already started to sell out in a few sizes in the basic cream and black stripe. I’d definitely grab it in white and black, as well. Act fast, ladies! It runs true to size. It’s not THE BEST quality, in my opinion, but the fit isn’t terrible so I still bought it.
• FAUX LEATHER LEGGINGS: They have had these included in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for a couple of years now and every year they sell out! This year will be no different! Size UP. They do run a bit small.
• RAW HEM SKINNY JEANS: These are such a good deal and I think it’ll take a little bit of time but I DO think that when more and more people become aware of how much of a discount there is on this pair of jeans, they WILL sell out. I purchased them yesterday. They run true to size and ARE a great length for petite girls.
• TORY BURCH CROSSBODY: No need to say more. Girls love their Tory handbags. I’m starting to think they’re overdone. Anyone else?
• NARS CHEEK PALETTE: I always look forward to the NARS cheek palette every year! They always nail it!! Can’t wait to use this one today and see if I like this one. If I do, then it’ll be 3 out of 3 for the 3 years I’ve covered the sale!
• OVER THE KNEE BOOTS: I ordered these because, typically, Stuart Weitzman boots are great for gals for have slender calves. I’m constantly struggling to find boots that don’t overwhelm my legs and these have been the best brand, although they’re pretty pricey. THESE boots are $300 off!! That’s such a great price for over-the-knee suede boots! I’ll be getting these in the mail today so I’ll be sure to give y’all a heads up on my thoughts when I get them! 🙂
SALE PRICE: $499.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $798
• CASHMERE PONCHO: Cashmere is always so expensive, and almost all cashmere is marked down from $150 to $100, which is why I typically stock up on cashmere pieces during this sale. I know I live in Florida but I love to travel during the Fall and Winter, which is when I use them the most. When I lived in London last year, I wore the pieces I purchased from last years sale SO MUCH and, whenever I would, I would have readers ask where they were from. I always felt so bad that they were no longer available so I can’t encourage you enough to take advantage of the savings now if you thin you may need or want to wear cashmere during the Fall and Winter this year.
SALE PRICE: $99.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $149
SALE PRICE: $98 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $365 value
• LEATHER TOTE: This Tory Burch tote is also a good deal! Almost $200 off and the quality seems to be what it normally is on totes like this! I love the pebbled leather. It’s so soft!
SALE PRICE: $349.90 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $528
• NEULASH LASH SERUM: I talked about this product a lot last year. It’s what I apply to my eyelashes to make them grow fuller naturally, instead of getting eyelash extensions. It works really really well and, since ONE little tube is $150, I always take advantage of the duo pack during the Nordstrom Sale because you’re essentially getting the travel tube, which is normally $95, size for free! Great deal!
SALE PRICE: $150 | ORIGINAL PRICE: $245
And there you go! I hope this was a fun reintroduction to the Friday Five for y’all and have enjoyed shopping the sale so far! Don’t forget to enter the giveaway in yesterday’s post HERE! Have a great day, lovelies! xo.
SHOP MY FAVORITES
5 UNDER $50: SHIRALEAH LYLA PLAID SQUARE SCARF • ZELLA ‘HATHA’ HIGH WAIST CROP LEGGINGS • ADIDAS ORIGINALS TREFOIL CREWNECK SWEATSHIRT • BP FAUX LEATHER MIXED MOTO LEGGINGS • NORDSTROM LINGERIE SEAMLESS BANDEAU
5 UNDER $100: PAIGE HOXTON HIGH WAIST ANKLE SKINNY JEANS • FREE PEOPLE ELECTRIC CITY PULLOVER SWEATER • TREASURE & BOND HIGH WAIST ANKLE SKINNY JEANS • CASLON SWING BACK COAT • HALOGEN ‘CORBIN’ GENUINE CALF HAIR SLIDE LOAFER
5 ITEMS THAT WILL SELL OUT: BP POCKET TEE • SPANX FAUX LEATHER LEGGINGS • 7 FOR ALL MANKIND B(AIR) RELEASED HEM ANKLE SKINNY JEANS • TORY BURCH ‘FRIDA’ SWINGPACK CROSSBODY BAG • NARS ANGEL PRIDE CHEEK PALETTE
5 BEST DEALS: STUART WEITZMAN OVER THE KNEE BOOTS • HALOGEN WOOL & CASHMERE PONCHO • BOBBI BROWN ‘ON TREND’ EYES AND CHEEKS COLLECTION • TORY BURCH ‘FRIDA’ PEBBLED LEATHER TOTE • NEULASH LASH ENHANCING SERUM DUO